Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Freezer Meals

Tomorrow I will be doing my Once A Month Cooking!! Going to be filling my freezer with meals!!

My Goal.... 25 + meals....hopefully I can do it all in one day.

Freezer meals has saved our family a lot of money and time! I have been stocking up on key items for my pantry that I use in my Freezer Meal baking days. So today I only spent $130 on the final items I needed to do all my meals.

Here is my Menu for this month :

Broccoli Chicken and Rice
Joes to Go
Simply Lasagna
Tuna Bow Ties
Chicken and Buscuits
Chicken Enchiladas
Ham and Chicken Roll-Ups
Chili
Italian Shells
Cheesy Ham and Noodles
Chicken Tetrazzini
Taco Pie

Basically I make double batches of each of these recipe's. Some of them like the Chicken Tetrazzini actually make more than one meal for my family out of one recipe. So that's how I end up getting so many meals. I use the 8x8 tins which helps to get more meals out of one recipe. My family doesn't do left overs very well so doing smaller portions saves us money in the long run because we aren't throwing away food.

Now I have to say if you LOVE to cook or your family really likes home cooked meals and not so much casseroles this once a month cooking may not work for you.

No comments: