Friday, February 19, 2010

Target 2/19

Today was Workshop Day for Austin's home program so that meant I needed to get out of the house to clear my head after everyone left. So a trip to Target seemed to be a great fit. I had a few coupons I wanted to use and a few prices I wanted to compare.

Cost : $31.09
Saved : $18.53 (60% savings)
Spent : $12.56

Pies for $.34 each
Excedrin for $.54 each
Lotion's for $2.12 each
Gillette deodorant and body wash were $2.12 for both of them
The cake holder was on clearance with the Valentines stuff so I snatched that up for under $2

My goal this month was to work on getting my stock pile up and I seem to have done a lot of that this month.

Next month I will be focusing more on my Food stock pile and it's back to doing Once A Month cooking and stocking up my freezer. This cooking dinner every night has killed our budget and my desire to make good meals for my family. My Fibro flares up mid afternoon so my motivation to cook is mostly non existent by the time dinner rolls around.

I'm about out of Grocery money for this month so I most likely won't post much until the 1st of March. Trying to stick to our budget and get our savings where it should be.

3 comments:

Jaclyn said...

How did you get your pies for .34 cents! That is amazing. Target still scares me all the beeping and dirty looks at least at the one on sky point.

Melinda Hill said...

I had a $1 off one Sara Lee dessert...and the Pumpkin Pies were on clearance for $1.34. I had heard that Walmart had them about that cheap too but since I was at Target I just got those ones.

Target can be tricky. I don't coupon at Target very often but I know some Target's are more Coupon friendly than others. Print off their coupon policy and make sure you understand it and take it with you. It helps clear up confusion when the cashier doesn't really know the coupon policy.

Melinda Hill said...

Another suggestion....if you shop the same stores try and going about the same time every week....get to know a cashier and they will become a great asset to your couponing. If you are a regular they will remember you and I've found when the register is funky and won't ring coupons they will do what they can to help you get that discount.