Friday, January 8, 2010

Walgreens Deal


Walgreens

My best trip ever at Walgreens. I'm not a lover of Walgreens but it is kind of growing on me a little bit. It is helping me work on my patients for sure.

Anyway here are the numbers.

I spent out of pocket $4.73 out of pocket on all these items...HOWEVER....I got $9 worth of register rewards to use next time I go....so basically they paid me $4.27 for these items.

So very cool!! The major bonus was I got a $5 RR for the candles that I didn't know I was getting so here I thought I did good and turns out It was a bonus day for me!

Walgreens is a tricky store to coupon at but once you figure out the tricks it's not so bad. However once you get the swing of it you can get some good deals.

3 comments:

Shannon Wallace said...

Sweet deal! I must know how you did this!!

Melinda Hill said...

I did two transactions.

1)2 chips ahoy cookies($.99 each)
Price $1.98
Coupon $1 off two
Paid $.98
Received a $2 RR for the cookies

This transaction cost me $.98

2)
2 chips ahoy cookies ($.99 each)
Price $1.98
Coupon $1 off two
Paid $.98
Received a $2 RR for the cookies

4 crackers ($.99 each)
Price $3.96
Coupons used 2 save $2 off 2 coupons
Paid $0.00 (had overage with coupon)

4 Glade candles (2 for $5)
Price $10
Coupons used 4 save $2 on 1 coupon
Paid $8.00
Received $5 RR for the candles

This transaction cost me $3.75

Walgreens is tricky as to what RR you use with what order. so I kept my RR for another trip

Melinda Hill said...

So I have these Register Rewards for next time....

$2 from the first cookies
$2 from the second cookies
$5 from the Candles.