Monday, August 31, 2009

Late Night trip to CVS and Smiths


CVS trip with a Plan
3 Tide and 3 Dish soap
Total Cost :$33.99
Saved : $23.00
Spent : $10.99
68% Savings - Not Bad

Smiths trip without a plan
(don't recommend going without a plan)
Total Cost : $57.41
Saved : $27.31
Spent : $30.10
47% Savings

Smiths I got (sorry i didn't get a picture)
10 2 liters of Pepsi products
5 small things of Baby Wipes
3 bags of doritos
1 bag of snack size doritos
3 loaves of bread
2 Summer pool toys for birthdays in March
24 items averaged to $1.25 an item...not too bad

I went to Smith's with no plan other than I needed stuff for the kids lunch tomorrow and I knew I wanted more of the Pepsi that was on sale. I don't typically go to any grocery store with out a very detailed plan of action so this was out of my comfort zone. But I am pleasantly impressed that still did so well. All the items I got were on sale and I knew there weren't any coupons to match up with them.



1 comment:

Shannon Wallace said...

That's pretty darn good!! Hey, to stretch your $$'s even more, you can make your own laundry detergent. Once we get settled into our new home, I'm going to give it a try! I'll let you know how it goes.